9.11.2008

Jazz

I do love a good stand up bass player. I am sitting here listening to a jazz band play while I look for work and finish up a few cover letters... and that forever long fed job application. Sigh.

But it is good to be back home for a little while. A few days ago my mother started telling us stories from her childhood. Did you know that my family used to be wine makers... or as we like to call it here moon shine makers. She told us stories of people falling into vats or the smell of the wine making a person drunk... I laughed and laughed and laughed. She then told us stories of my father and all that he did for our family and also the surrounding neighborhoods during the Civil war. I would have never heard those stories if I was doing my usual run all over Atlanta thing. I am glad I was there to hear it.

Well I need to finish this one application... it's due tomorrow.

My Houston people I hope the storm does not effect you too much.

I love you all.

No comments: